Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New XP install, now no internet

• Please log in to reply

bicyclesmile

bicyclesmile

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corp
Model: Dimension 4550

Memory Type: DDR
Size: 512 MB

Max Bandwidth: PC2100 (133 MHz)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well that didn't help much. I did manage to find some info on the motherboard model from Dell.

dell dimension 4550 motherboard 6U214

The PCI device that is showing in your device manager that has the yellow exclamation mark is either video or modem.
I believe the R57664.exe file that was suggested earlier may have all the drivers.
Have you clicked on it yet as it is a EXE file and should install everything. You may be prompted to reboot and if not please do.

bicyclesmile

bicyclesmile

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Well that didn't help much. I did manage to find some info on the motherboard model from Dell.

dell dimension 4550 motherboard 6U214

The PCI device that is showing in your device manager that has the yellow exclamation mark is either video or modem.
I believe the R57664.exe file that was suggested earlier may have all the drivers.
Have you clicked on it yet as it is a EXE file and should install everything. You may be prompted to reboot and if not please do.

Well not sure why I did not just double click on the R57664.exe file before.

It worked and all seems to be fixed.

I want to thanks everyone who helped out on this, especially rshaffer61. Thanks so much guys

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just to make sure double check the Device Manager and make sure all Yellow Exclamation marks are gone. Just a FYI I suggest you bopy the file to a disk or something for future problems. Barring any other issue I woul like to say:

:D
Congratulations. ;) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. ;) ;)