Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about RAM

• Please log in to reply

Oberon75

Oberon75

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I finally built my new system, and ran into a speed bump with my RAM. I bought the Ballistix Tracers from Crucial for the light show, but the lights are just on. They're supposed to be moving with memory activity. I got an RMA for them, and will send them back once my second set arrives. That's where this question comes in.

Six RAM sockets in an Asus Sabertooth X58 motherboard. The three DIMMs I'm sending back are 2GB each. I purchased an additional set of 3x1GB. Once I have all six DIMMs, will it make a difference which set of sockets each goes in? Do I have to put the larger ones in the first set of sockets?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Pages 2-10 and 2-11 of the motherboard manual provide all of the information you require.

http://usa.asus.com/...Kh6J&templete=2

Oberon75

Oberon75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Already read it. What I mean is do the larger chips need to go in A1, B1, C1? Or does it make any difference?