Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there anyway, by which, if a person on my computer wants to go to w

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

khamaar

khamaar

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Here is the case....
There is this stupid site which my son wastes his Character and time on...
how can i write a script/or do something else, so that anyone using my computer if types in the address box
of my browser, "www.example1.com" will be redirected to "www.Mysite.com".

HOw can this happen?....i have two browsers though...one is firefox and the other is internet explorer...will your method work on both of these browsers???

Thanks in Advance...
(im a nearly a noob...so Do teach me how to execute scripts :D)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Rather than writing a script to redirect him, you could look at parental control software that would allow you to block certain websites. Some of them will also allow you to limit computer time and have other control. That way, maybe you could allow him to visit the site for a certain length of time, but then block him. I can't recommend any specific product, because I haven't used any, but a quick Google search of "Parental control software" brings up a lot of results.

khamaar

khamaar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
thanks for the reply....

well here is the need i have...

I dont want to use any software....Someone told me that a script could do it...like those viruses which would direct you to something else even if you want to goto www.yahoo.com........

So tell me...not a software method....That Script method.......plzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We have many dedicated volunteers who spend their free time helping people remove those kinds of viruses from their PCs, and now you want us to help you write a script that will do something similar? I think not. I gave you the best option for blocking a website. If you want further help with that, then we'll help you. We won't help you write a script that could potentially be used for malicious purposes.