Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

drivers

• Please log in to reply

morrallybankrupt

morrallybankrupt

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I need help finding the drivers for my gateway laptop, i got the ethernet lan going so i can connect to the internet now but still dont have any sound or video!! I cant afford a driver site I am a disabled adult living on a meager government pension, I have tried to find the proper drivers from the manufactures web site but i have struck out !!!
The video card is a ATI RadeonXpress200m , the sound card is a Sigmatel hd 2 channel audio, i am sure i am missing a lot more drivers than those, but they are a start.

The next best thing i guess is if there is someone out there who had a driver update site with a username/key so i can just update the drivers ......Any help is very much appreciated, just to sweeten the pot so to speak you wont be giving it away for nothing I am a artist and will send you a watercolor landscape 8x10 that i painted of the Canadian east coast in exchange for the driver update site key, I hope this peaks some interest from someone I am desperate for the driver update........Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can get all the drivers from Gateway's website for nothing. You don't need to pay anybody anything.

What is your Gateway laptop model number?

morrallybankrupt

morrallybankrupt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been fighting with gateway/emachines for a week, my machine is refurbished so they will not support it , The will not accept my serial # because my machine is refurbished, My machine is model# MT3707 but there is no support for this model with xp only vista. I am at wits end i have not been able to get anywhere with gateway/emachine, it has been very frustrating !! I have been trying to locate a open source driver download site but every one i have looked at tell you its free untill you actually try downloading the driver, the only thing they post for free is a scan check!!!
Any help would be appreciated........:D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The issue is that model came preinstalled with Vista and not XP To hopefully resolve the issue download the XP drivers from the below:
You will find both Vista and XP drivers on this page so make sure you are getting the XP ones.

Use the MX3702 drivers at:

http://support.gatew...&site=emachines

You should install the D00671-001-001.exe - ATI Chipset Driver version: ATI 5.10.1000.7 before you install the other drivers for proper detection.