Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer does not work

• Please log in to reply

ShowMe

ShowMe

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Lexmark x8350 printer. I was printing a puzzle and it stopped in mid-print. I got the paper out and tried to reprint the puzzle. Did not work. Went to control panel and the print cue was stuck on the printing. Could not delete. Rebooted, same thing. Tried removing printer, and then reinstaliing printer. Getting messages that the connection USB cable is not correct. I tried reinstalling software. Tried different connections. At wits end. Windows XP. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
To get rid of your print job that does not want to delete

Step 1: First go to Start, then Run and type in services.msc. Scroll down to the Print Spooler service, right-click on it and choose Stop.

Step 2: Now that the print spooler service is stopped, we have to go into the Windows folder where all of the print jobs are spooled and delete them. Navigate to the following directory:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS And delete everything inside this folder. DO not delete the folder itself, just everything inside of it. This will remove all print jobs currently in the print queue.

Step 3: Now go back to the Services window and right click on the Print Spooler service and choose Start. Go back to the Print Job queue and refresh it. You should now see that all print jobs have been removed and you can start printing again normally.

As for reinstalling your printer uninstall driver and program unplug it then reboot and try reinstalling it.

Hope this helps

ShowMe

ShowMe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Thanks for the help. I was able to clear the print jobs and reinstall. Even printed a page. Still jamming, so it might be the printer is on its way out. Very helpful.