Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Vista automatically selects language.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can anyone please tell me if it is possible toselect the language of choice for installing applications on a PC running Vista?

I have a French PC, with a French version of Vista, and my problem is that all multi-language applications are automatically being installed in French - and I would really like them to be in English.

I know for a fact that the Garmin Training Centre is available in English, because a) I'm downloading it from the original US site, and b) I know plenty of people who use it, in English, in the UK.

This is really starting to annoy me now...

Thanks for any help

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is controlled by the installer of the program. Some of them will give you options. Others won't.
There is no such thing as "a French version of Vista". What you really mean is all the menus, text, regional and dialogue boxes are in French. It still came from the US at the end of the day.