Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SM bus controller

• Please log in to reply

scenic city tech

scenic city tech

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a hp compac dc5750 microtower. In device manager, it is giving me the yellow symbol next to the sm bus controller. I have been to the hp website and downloaded all the drivers i can download for the system. advise please?

I am running windows xp pro

Edited by scenic city tech, 11 October 2010 - 08:01 AM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Usually the SM Bus Controller is associated with the chipset drivers. Have you installed them?

scenic city tech

scenic city tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yes, I thought the same thing. I had someone tell me after i tried the chipset drivers that it might be the modem driver. I have installed it too. I am just up in the air now on what it might be.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
ATI or Intel chip?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Original Drivers HERE
Is this where you got the chipset driver or do you have a drivers disk that came with your system?

scenic city tech

scenic city tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i got them from the hp website. The same link you have. It is Intel.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
According to the HP spec page, its AMD. That is why I ask.

scenic city tech

scenic city tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i didn't look to see, i was just going by the label on the front of the computer. I have since downloaded the amd and still the same problem. any more suggestions please?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you right clicked on the sms in Device Manger and deleted it and then rebooted? When it looks for the driver have it look at the driver you downloaded.
Is the driver you downloaded a setup file or a exe file? If so did you double click on it?

scenic city tech

scenic city tech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No, that is a good idea. Let me try that and i will get back to you. thanks to all for the replies.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I just helped someone with a similar problem and when I asked about the double click they realized the file had to be setup and they double clicked. When they did everything installed and they were resolved. I hope it works for you.