Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

multiple screen problem

• Please log in to reply

sagar677

sagar677

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,
I have lenovo Y510i laptop. it was working fine till it developed following problem since last week.

It shows multiple (6 to be exact)small screen displays right from the boot up. then after windows logo loading it just fails to go user page and restarts.
If I go to safe mode then I can successfully login, despite of the multiple displays.

Initially i upgraded BIOS and it loaded windows normally each time for a few minutes then screen would flicker and shows pinkish hue and laptop restarts.

I showed it to a tech guy and he said that it was an LCD screen problem as he was able to get rid of multiple screens after attaching external monitor / screen but that too in 'safe mode'.

Now I am confused bcuz if it was a screen problem then why after attaching monitor it was not possible to load windows normally and if it was a graphics card problem then why did a single screen came on external monitor.

please help to diagnose this complicated issue,

Advertisements