Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy photos on CF card to SD card?

• Please log in to reply

Geri Atric

Geri Atric

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My camera takes Compact Flash cards and the digital photo frame I want to buy takes a SD card. I presume it is possible to copy photos from the CF card onto the SD one either directly by having both in the card reader (external) or by downloading the photos from the CF card onto a PC and then copying them from the PC to the SD card? Are there likely to be any problems? Any better suggestions? Any advice greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it would work exactly how you described it (both methods). unless you "do something wrong" or there's some form of hardware failure during the file move, then you shouldn't have any problems at all

Geri Atric

Geri Atric

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:D Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I'll now purchase the frame and SD card, just wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting my pension! ;)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the pension is safe....untill you find another nifty gadget to spend it on of course

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Not sure if you live in US or near a Wal-Mart, but never hurts to use their photo card readers in the store. Their photo CDs are economical and they may allow use of card to card transfers. If not, you have the photo CD to copy to any card you may have. My PC has built in card readers so transfers are easier to make and saves the trip to a store and making a photo CD.

No COLA for us poor folks on SS next year again!! :D