Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Locked Out of Hotmail

• Please log in to reply

tommyboy819

tommyboy819

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Like countless others, I've been locked out of the hot mail account I've been using for more than 10 years.
While my user ID remains the same, the password I've been using all this time is not accepted.
Hot mail support is non-existent.
I've tried everything and nothing works.
The closest I've come is hot mail telling me: "a link to reset your password has been sent to: da*****@yahoo.com.
I have no idea how to access this link. I've tried everything, clicking on it, copying and pasting to my browser, sending an email to it for a response. Nothing works.
I've already begun to abandon this email account, but I would like access the important folders before I pull the plug.
My main browser is Mozilla. IE8 is worthless, full of script errors and won't even load the Hot mail sign in page.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Open Firefox in Safe Mode. Start, programs, Firefox, hold mouse - Safe Mode. Then when the window opens asking if you want to make changes permanent, simply continue to Safe Mode.

If that does not work, check these one at a time

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set. Please verifiy that the time and date are correct
2. Clear your cache and cookies -- open Mozilla, click the Tools menu, then
then click Clear Recent History.
3. Check your Security settings , click the Tools menu, then
Options, then Advanced tab,then encryptions, and verify that 'Use SSL 3.0' and Use TLS 1.0 are checked.

If that does not work in advanced, encryption, click view certificates and delete any security certificates for hotmail.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 11 October 2010 - 01:07 PM.