Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Auto downloads from MS site

• Please log in to reply

mxd6

mxd6

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hello,

I've have noticed that my laptop XP will not successfully download 2 updates from the MS Windows site. After running a full scan with Trend Micro Internet Security, it also warned me of these as well and directed me to Windows download site. I'm not sure why this will not successfully download but there has to be a reason. Please see attached for both.

If you can add any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Dell
XP
Service Pack 3

Best regards,
Mike

Attached Files

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello

The only way I've found that works to stop Net Framework installation failures is to basically start over. You'll need to uninstall all versions of Net Framework beginning with the lowest version, then reinstall them beginning with the lowest version.

All the Net Framework versions up to version 3.5 are available for download and instructions for the removal and re-installation are located in this Microsoft Article. There is also a Net Framework Cleanup Utility available on the same page that you could use to automate the process a little more.

wannabe1

mxd6

mxd6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I just hope MS Windows doesn't miss this one like it did with the others. Funny how this happens especially when it's all 100% MS include the OP and software. However, now I can see how they are losing ground in other areas. Many thanks!!

Best regards,
Mike