Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sality.gen(v) +downad.gen(v) +generic! Bt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

red rabbit

red rabbit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. im a new member here. this is my first post.

I've been using VIPRE for quite some time now and it has been good to me till i discovered that my system is ridden with virus.win32.sality.gen(v) + worm.win32.downad.gen(v) + trojan.win32.generic!Bt. Every effort to remove these items failed. I even tried MBAM.

The infection prevented me from updating my antivirus or even surfing antivirus' websites such as Vipre or norton.My system is also gradually slowing down.

Please help me.thank you :D

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Hi

Welcome to Geekstogo. I'll be helping you with this problem.

• Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described. I would recommend printing them out, if you can, as you can check off each step as you complete it. If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.

• Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you

Firstly, why do think you have Sality?

If you do have Sality...
Sality is a file infecter. If has has infected this machine, it can and will infect all the machine's executable files .exe, .scr, .rar, .zip, .htm, .html. It may corrupt and damage some files beyond repair.

I recommend that you back up all your important data from this machine to a USB memory stick.

Step 1
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your USB memory stick. Please do so and allow the utility to clean it.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder - it will help protect your drives from future infection.
You can safely back up files to this device and transfer to another machine, without risk of infection

Step 2
Copy any important files you need to keep from the suspect machine.

Do not backup any executable files (.exe .scr .html or .htm) or compressed files (zip/cab/rar) files that may contain .exe or .scr files

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.