Welcome to Geekstogo. I'll be helping you with this problem.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described. I would recommend printing them out, if you can, as you can check off each step as you complete it. If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you
Firstly, why do think you have Sality?
If you do have Sality...
Sality is a file infecter. If has has infected this machine, it can and will infect all the machine's executable files .exe, .scr, .rar, .zip, .htm, .html. It may corrupt and damage some files beyond repair.I recommend that you back up all your important data from this machine to a USB memory stick.Step 1
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs
and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your USB memory stick. Please do so and allow the utility to clean it.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder - it will help protect your drives from future infection.
You can safely back up files to this device and transfer to another machine, without risk of infectionStep 2
Copy any important files you need to keep from the suspect machine.Do not backup any executable files (.exe .scr .html or .htm) or compressed files (zip/cab/rar) files that may contain .exe or .scr files