Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Crash

• Please log in to reply

cunder01

cunder01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all:

I have had my Alienware M11x (full spec below) for about 2 months now, and I've been experiencing rather frequent system crashes. In particular, it seems to crash whenever I'm using the Blizzard Downloader, but it does crash at random other times. I've done nothing to the hardware except upgraded the memory. I've made sure all the drivers are as up to date as possible, I've run virus/malware scans, defragged the harddrive, run a memory check (reported clean), run a disk check (also reported clean), defragged and cleaned the registry (with AUSlogics), and uninstalled every extra piece of software (that I myself installed).

If someone could help me figure out what was wrong, I'd be very grateful.

Alienware M11x
Genuine Intel® CPU U7300 @ 1.30GHz, overclocked to 1.73GHz
4gb RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Operating System
1GB NVIDIA GT335M GeForce

Advertisements

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
I think it is something to do with the overclock. Since then, have you noticed it heating up, and are you sure the RAM is compatible with the new processor speed?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Did this start when you started to overclock?
Overclocking will cause issues especially temperature which will cause freezing, lock ups and shutdowns.

I would 1st get rid of the over clocking and see what happens.