Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Image Size

• Please log in to reply

WilliamP

WilliamP

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
I have a 19 in. monitor that is a 5:4 ratio. I wanted to get a larger monitor,so I bought a 23 In. and brought it home. Of course I knew that the new one has a 16:9 ratio. I now have a wide screen but the image is actually smaller. I took it back. My wife plays Farmville on Facebook. With the new monitor the image of the farm was much smaller than on the old monitor. What is the idea behind these wiiide screen monitors? How can I get a larger image.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
This article is a bit dated but if you scroll down to the Bigger is Smaller section, it answers your questions.

WilliamP

WilliamP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Thank you . I have come to the conclusion that 19in is the best size. Above that you get a bigger screen and smaller images.