Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Symantec Ghost 11.0

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey guys, i gotta ask u something before i go ahead and buy this software.
so yesterday i bought Symantec Ghost 11.0 copyright <c> 1998-2006 so i booted up my system with the disk in it
so i happen to see that this symantec ghost 11.0 is not compatible with a 64 bit system ( windows 7 ultimate )
so i said im gonna ask these guys and see if they can tell me about a software just like this one: DOS and 32 bit to backup and restore your computer.
but in my case im looking for one thats compatible with 64 bit systems and at the same time it uses DOS to backup and restore my system.
and one more thing u think i can make an image of my entire system? with symantec ghost? if there is one that can make this happen please let me know the name and version of it so i can buy it right away ... :D thx folks.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
anyone? please ... :D

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Ghost CD should be bootable on its own. You don't need to install it into Windows.
If you boot from the Ghost CD then in one of the folders will be the Ghost program for DOS. You can use that to do some cloning.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Windows 7 is not compatable with any version of Norton Ghost including version 14. Norton is trying out a beta version of Ghost 15 to see if it will work with Win 7 64 bit. Ghost 14 will work with win 7 32 bit systems.

SRX660

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

... in my case im looking for one thats compatible with 64 bit systems and at the same time it uses DOS to backup and restore my system.

Microsoft.com > List of limitations in 64-Bit Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282423

No 16-Bit Code

• No 16-bit code can run, except for recognized InstallShield and Acme installers (these are hard-coded in Wow64 to allow them to work).
  • 16-bit Setup bootstraps are not supported.
  • 16-bit MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows 3.x utilities will not start. If you attempt to start such a program, you receive a "Program.exe is not a valid Win32 application" error message.