I'm using an old Dell Latitude x300, running Windows XP. My system sounds are working fine in startup and shut-down. But in both IE and FF, no sounds will play. I've tried CNN video, youtube, etc. I've read similar threads on this site others, but none of the suggestions have worked.
++ What I've tried
- my wavemapper is in place in /Drivers32
- I did the whole copy/paste thing where I saved code in fix.reg and missing.reg files, then imported them into the registry. Didn't fix the problem.
- I tried updating my drivers. It said my drivers were updated
++ Other info
- I had a few viruses that I've recently cleaned off the computer
- When I try to click into the volume control, I get a message that says there are no active mixer devices available. It recommends that I go to the control panel and follow some steps. I've done that, but it didn't pan out.
Thanks for any help you can offer!