Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Excel AAAAHHHHH

• Please log in to reply

MattyJ09

MattyJ09

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it possible to create a formula so that if a1 is the destination cell and b1=yes then a1 will turn red? step by step instructions would be very grateful as I am terrible at excel!

Advertisements

MattyJ09

MattyJ09

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is it possible to create a formula so that if a1 is the destination cell and b1=yes then a1 will turn red? step by step instructions would be very grateful as I am terrible at excel!

One caveat on this b1 will only show yes if it is equal to or greater than the sum of d1,e1,f1,....so on and so on...

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Instructions depend on version of Excel.

With cursor in A1, Format > Conditional Formatting...
Condition 1
Use drop-down to select Formula Is
In next box type =$b$1="yes"
Click Format... button
Click Patterns tab
Select red
OK > OK

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,904 posts
I think you want to look into conditional formatting, read this http://www.mrexcel.c...-formatting.php and do a google search for conditional formatting. I find that the help file in excel also explains conditional formatting pretty well.

Hope this helps you out a little.

beckmancameron

beckmancameron

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Is there anybody help giving sites where I can get tutorial(free) on excel (basically more on macro)?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
http://www.google.co...ial&btnG=Search