Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty

• Please log in to reply

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi guys.I had posted another topic 1-2 months ago but i didn't get any answer why call of duty 6 lags.Well i tried to play call of duty 4 which my pc could play it easily with full graphics but it also lags!!!!!I reduced every option to minimum but still the same.Can anyone help me????
System specs
CPU:DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHz
Graphic Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Ram:2GB
if you want any other spec tell me to post it here

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
which version of call of duty are you needing help with?

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well actually it is the same problem for both of them with the exception that in call of duty 6 i get a directx error but if you can fix call of duty 4 is just fine.But is the same problem when i watch in many things simultaneously it lags and when look full down or full up it is fine..

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to http://microsoft.com/directx and follow the prompts to download the latest version of directx.

Go to http://nvidia.com/ and download the latest drivers.

Upgrade the system memory. I would recommend going from 2 gigs to 4.

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Updating to latest drivers and directx didn't solve the problem i will try to put 2 more gigs to system memory and let you know.

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Just to let you know i noticed that when look full down fps are about 260 and when look straight fall to 40-50.I don't know what is going on with fps but i think that the higher it is the faster the game runs.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
have you had any luck fixing this?
Has this always happened when playing either game or has it just started recently?

yes the higher the fps, the better the performance of the game.
but by the looks of it your graphics card should have no problem running it...

Have you tried to lower the settings of the graphics at all?

Spud

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I bought 4 gigs ram but that didn't solve the problem.I didn't reply quickly cause the psu broke down.Psu was the reason..After increasing the power of psu the games are running faster but not good enough.I have tried to lower the setting but it improves very little.

Edited by Kostas1994, 05 November 2010 - 02:53 PM.

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
A friend told me about comodo reg cleaner.I did'nt know how tou use and i told him to do it himself.After cleaning reg games are running faster but still in some cases it lags.And i still can't play with good graphics

Edited by Kostas1994, 06 November 2010 - 06:53 AM.

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
What processes are running while playing the game? Sometimes this will affect the game, I know that with mine, i have Advanced System Optimizer 3 running, and it's defrag service starts on boot up, and can sometimes cause a game to lag, try this out and look for any strange processes. also tell me the CPU and Memory usage without the game running

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what brand / model and wattage of psu did you install?

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
I usually i leave only AVG on.But with avg or without it it is the same.
CPU with avg on it is 0-2%,memory 637.LAMTECH LAMPSU550 550W PSU

Edited by Kostas1994, 07 November 2010 - 12:40 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I leaned toward your psu being a factor with the issue you described. I still think it may be a factor. I would recommend you save your money and buy a quality psu. From what I can find online, this seems to be a fairly generic unit. Not sure where you live, so I'm now sure what brands are available in your area. I would suggest ocz, corsair, antec, enermax. A good quality 600 watt psu would do wonders.

Kostas1994

Kostas1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Well i think that psu is enough but to make sure is there any program that can show me how many watts i need???

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the TDP for your video card is about 250 watts. In other words that's maximum power draw that occurs most often when gaming. Most online psu calculators use idle tdp. Also the ability of the 12volt rail to deliver quality power without overloading or stressing is important. Anandtech.com has some good information regarding power supplies. http://www.anandtech...ifferent-prices

http://www.power-on....tor-results.php

Rough estimate is that your system uses about 240 watts at idle. About 500 watts at full power.

Currious, what was your old power supply? how did it go bad?