Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

started as redirect virus...

• Please log in to reply

imagine314

imagine314

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi!
i've been having some virus problems recently. what appears to have started as a redirect virus is now causing loss of volume control and google chrome no longer even opens. i took it to my university tech desk and they removed a trojan horse generic virus and another one from a corrupt mp3 file, and it seemed to be working fine. the volume still did not work but i figured i could deal with that some other time. most importantly, the search engine redirects stopped and i was able to reinstall mozilla firefox and use the internet normally. just about an hour ago, though, the redirects started again, so i tried a system restore to earlier this afternoon, but it has done nothing. i tried using ERUNT, OTM, GooredFix and TDSSkiller, but it didn't do anything-- TDSS didn't find any corrupt or suspicious files. i'm in the process of running a full scan with Malwarebytes, but the quick scan showed no infectious results. i'm not sure what to do, nothing is working! i'm not very tech-savvy so all i can do is follow the instructions on these types of forums; please help!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Do as much of

http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

as you can. If a step won't work, skip to the next one. Copy and paste your gmer, mbam, otl, & extras logs into a reply. Do not attach them!

Ron