Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

endless acquiring nework address

• Please log in to reply

serda

serda

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all ! I have the next problem: I have buy a TP-Link's wireless router 2 days ago and I've set up a wireless connection on my laptop which runs windows 7. Everything works great but the thing is that I have other one laptop which runs on win XP. When I tried to connect to my wireless network with that other laptop and after I've entered WPA security key, it gets stuck forever on "acquiring network address" :D I've tried to auto fix but it also doesen't work...can anyone tell me what is the problem ? I've tried million things from the internet and still it doesen't work ;)

Thank You !

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
This may sound stupid but have you tried rebooting the laptop? My IBM T40 needs to be rebooted every once in awhile due to wireless connectivity issues (Acquiring IP loop) Soon as I reboot it works fine.

serda

serda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it doesen't work :D