Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New PC Build crashes

• Please log in to reply

rhymin

rhymin

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi, I just built a new PC and I ordered all my parts from Newegg. Here are some specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
GFX Cards: 2 XFX Radeon HD 5770 (Crossfire supported)
CPU: AMD Phenom II x 4 3.4 Ghz 965 Black Edition
RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 1600
Using 2 24 inch monitors also (hooked up to the primary GFX card using crossfire)

I have been getting a blue screen that says memory dump and counts in 5's, all the way to 100, then restarts my pc automatically. My old pc actually did the exact same thing and I am not using a single part from that pc. I tried reinstalling the GFX drivers from their website a few times, also I updated my motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers. The blue screen usually happens when I am watching a video or something, but it still happens sometimes in 2d mode. I am so stumped right now and very frustrated at this point, because I bought this new pc hoping to rid of the blue screen headache but its back :D Thank you very much for your time and help. Sorry if I didn't provide some key information that you need, I will reply fast.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello rhymin.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :D
;) ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon
as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

• Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select (as appropriate):
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select (as appropriate):
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
Then use the 'Date of events' or 'Number of events' as follows:

Either:
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 3 in the 1 to 20 box (or any number from 1 to 20)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.

• Click the radio button for 'Date of events'
    In the From: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 13 07 2009
    In the To: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 13 07 2009
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply

If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-2.11.iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-2.11.iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate memtest86+-2.11.iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. You may have to change the boot sequence in your BIOS to make it work right.

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I ran option A and here's the log:

Thanks.

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows 2008 in English
Report run at 15/10/2010 3:47:20 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - Critical Type
'Application' Log - Error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:18:49 PM
Type: Error Category: 0
Event: 3011 Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:18:49 PM
Event: 3012 Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 7:08:13 PM
Event: 3011 Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

'Application' Log - Information Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:44:42 PM
Type: Information Category: 0
Event: 1001 Source: Windows Error Reporting
Fault bucket X64_0xA_nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+11b, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: P2: P3: P4: P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: C:\Windows\Minidump\101510-29265-01.dmp C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39281-0.sysdata.xml C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB1F0.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_0_0_cab_0ab4c39c Analysis symbol: X64_0xA_nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+11b Rechecking for solution: 0 Report Id: 101510-29265-01 Report Status: 0

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:44:39 PM
Type: Information Category: 1
Event: 1003 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The Windows Search Service started.

Type: Information Category: 3
Event: 302 Source: ESENT
Windows (3236) Windows: The database engine has successfully completed recovery steps.

'Application' Log - Warning Type
Type: Warning Category: 3
Event: 3036 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The content source <csc://{S-1-5-21-974045369-3386108320-1260527546-1000}/> cannot be accessed.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
The URL was already processed during this update. If you received this message while processing alerts, then the alerts are redundant, or else Modify should be used instead of Add. (HRESULT : 0x80040d0d) (0x80040d0d)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:38:19 PM
The content source <csc://{S-1-5-21-974045369-3386108320-1260527546-1000}/> cannot be accessed.

Details:
The URL was already processed during this update. If you received this message while processing alerts, then the alerts are redundant, or else Modify should be used instead of Add. (HRESULT : 0x80040d0d) (0x80040d0d)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:13:26 PM

Details:

'System' Log - Critical Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:44:12 PM
Type: Critical Category: 63
Event: 41 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:12:53 PM
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 7:03:52 PM

'System' Log - Error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:47:07 PM
Event: 7009 Source: Service Control Manager
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 service to connect.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:44:23 PM
Event: 1001 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xfffff68000202b98, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80002a5b2a7). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 101510-29265-01.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:44:18 PM
Event: 6008 Source: EventLog
The previous system shutdown at 3:42:23 PM on ?10/?15/?2010 was unexpected.

'System' Log - Information Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:46:37 PM
Type: Information Category: 0
Event: 7036 Source: Service Control Manager
The Portable Device Enumerator Service service entered the stopped state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:46:19 PM
Type: Information Category: 61
Event: 62464 Source: amdkmdag
UVD Information

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:46:19 PM
Type: Information Category: 61
Event: 62464 Source: amdkmdag
UVD Information

'System' Log - Warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 8:27:53 PM
Type: Warning Category: 0
Event: 4 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Tm
The TransactionManager (TmId={7BD02190-D824-11DF-901A-806E6F6E6963}, LogPath=\SystemRoot\System32\Config\TxR\{7bd0218e-d824-11df-901a-806e6f6e6963}.TM) has failed to advance its log tail, due to the transaction (UOW={7BD02204-D824-11DF-901A-E0CB4EEB09C4}, Description='') being unresolved for some time. The transaction must be forced to resolve in order for the TransactionManager to continue to provide transactional services. Forcing the incorrect outcome may cause data corruption in any subordinate ResourceManagers or Transactionmanagers.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 7:18:52 PM
The TransactionManager (TmId={7BD02190-D824-11DF-901A-806E6F6E6963}, LogPath=\SystemRoot\System32\Config\TxR\{7bd0218e-d824-11df-901a-806e6f6e6963}.TM) has failed to advance its log tail, due to the transaction (UOW={7BD02204-D824-11DF-901A-E0CB4EEB09C4}, Description='') being unresolved for some time. The transaction must be forced to resolve in order for the TransactionManager to continue to provide transactional services. Forcing the incorrect outcome may cause data corruption in any subordinate ResourceManagers or Transactionmanagers.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/10/2010 5:26:20 PM

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to

Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Thanks for all the help. I was able to perform step A that you gave me and ran checkdisk. Is there a log or something I need to copy/past here? Or should I just wait and see if it crashes again? Again, thanks for all your help, very awesome.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No need for the log.
Now please do the following if you can...

Go Start and then to Run ("Start Search" in Vista),
Type in: sfc /scannow
Click OK (Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
If System File Checker (sfc) finds any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD.
If sfc does not find any errors in Windows XP, it will simply quit, without any message.
In Vista you will receive the following message: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

For Vista users ONLY: Navigate to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. You'll see CBS.log file.
Usually, it's pretty big file, so upload it to Flyupload, and post download link.

If you don't have Windows CD....
This applies mostly to Windows XP, since Vista rarely requires use of its DVD while running "sfc"
Note This method will not necessarily work as well, as when using Windows CD, because not always ALL system files are backed up on your hard drive. Also, backed up files may be corrupted as well.

Go Start and then Run
type in regedit and click OK

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

You will see various entries Values on the right hand side.

The one we want is called: SourcePath

It probably has an entry pointing to your CD-ROM drive, usually D and that is why it is asking for the XP CD.
All we need to do is change it to: C:
Now, double click the SourcePatch setting and a new box will pop up.
Change the drive letter from your CD drive to your root drive, usually C:
Close Registry Editor.

Now restart your computer and try sfc /scannow again!

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I ran the sfc /scannow command and it crashed while running it the first time :D The second time I think it worked b/c it just disappeared when it was done. The log link is http://www.enteruplo...7o/CBS.log.html

Thanks again for the quick replies

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK now I need to look at a few things.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

Also another diagnostics test:
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Here are the files you asked for. My PC seems destined to crash every time I try something new :D I couldn't get the attach a file option on this site to work, so I linked the .arn file and the screenshot from the upload site, Thank you so much.

Here are the two links:

http://www.enteruplo...enShot.jpg.html

http://www.enteruplo...toRuns.arn.html

Here is the Report:

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer BRAD-PC
Generator Brad
Operating System Windows 7 Professional Media Center Edition 6.1.7600
Date 2010-10-15
Time 22:06

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Windows 7 Professional Media Center Edition
OS Service Pack -
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name BRAD-PC
User Name Brad

Motherboard:
CPU Type 2x , 3400 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 8192 MB
BIOS Type Unknown
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Monitor SyncMaster T240,SyncMaster Magic T240(Digital) [NoDB] (HVMS500147)
Monitor Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB]

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller Generic Marvell 61xx RAID Controller
Disk Drive WDC WD5000AAKS-00V0A0 ATA Device (465 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive ATAPI iHAS324 Y ATA Device
Optical Drive ATAPI iHOS104 ATA Device
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 476837 MB (438856 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Microsoft USB Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 (IntelliType Pro)
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (192.168.1.100)

Peripherals:
Printer Fax
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB Device Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Input Device
USB Device USB Input Device

--------[ Debug - PCI ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B20 D10000 F01: ?

Offset 00: 02 10 98 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
Offset 10: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 4E 83
Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 40: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 50: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 60: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 70: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 80: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 90: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset A0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset B0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset C0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset D0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset E0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset F0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 98 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 99 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 96 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 96 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 97 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 97 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 B8 68 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 82 16 90 29

Offset 00: 02 10 B8 68 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 82 16 90 29

Offset 00: 02 10 90 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 9C 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: EC 10 68 81 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A3 83

Offset 00: AB 11 21 61 00 00 00 00 B2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 2F 82

Offset 00: 02 10 83 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 6C 83

Offset 00: 02 10 7C 59 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 BA 82

Offset 00: 22 10 01 12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 84 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 7D 59 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 22 10 02 12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 85 43 00 00 00 00 3C 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 7E 59 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 22 10 03 12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 22 10 04 12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 9D 43 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 58 59 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 78 59 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 79 59 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 22 10 00 12 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00

Offset 00: 02 10 58 AA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 82 16 58 AA

Offset 00: 02 10 58 AA 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 82 16 58 AA

Offset 00: 06 11 03 34 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Offset 20: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 84 83

--------[ Debug - Video BIOS ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C000:0000 ................................................................
C000:0040 ................................................................
C000:0080 ................................................................
C000:00C0 ................................................................
C000:0100 ................................................................
C000:0140 ................................................................
C000:0180 ................................................................
C000:01C0 ................................................................
C000:0200 ................................................................
C000:0240 ................................................................
C000:0280 ................................................................
C000:02C0 ................................................................
C000:0300 ................................................................
C000:0340 ................................................................
C000:0380 ................................................................
C000:03C0 ................................................................

--------[ Debug - Unknown ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS Unknown
Monitor SAM0422: SyncMaster T240,SyncMaster Magic T240(Digital) [NoDB]
Monitor WDE5180: Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB]
Motherboard Unknown
Optical ATAPI iHAS324 Y ATA Device
Optical ATAPI iHOS104 ATA Device
PCI/AGP 1002-4383: High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4384: ATI I/O Communications Processor PCI Bus Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4385: ATI I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4390: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4396: Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4397: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4398: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-4399: Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-439C: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-439D: PCI standard ISA bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-5958: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-5978: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-5979: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-597C: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-597D: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-597E: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-68B8: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1002-AA58: High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1022-1200: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1022-1201: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1022-1202: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1022-1203: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1022-1204: PCI standard host CPU bridge [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 10EC-8168: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 1106-3403: VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller [NoDB]
PCI/AGP 11AB-6121: Generic Marvell 61xx RAID Controller [NoDB]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The file saved as Autoruns.arn.
It needs to save as Autoruns.txt
Then try to attach it to your next post.

Advertisements

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Oops, sorry about that, here is the file in .txt format...

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you run the Hard drive diagnostic I instructed in post 8 right above the picture?

Also do the below:

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. At WTT we prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Best Regards

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Having problems with the hard drive diag.

I got it to boot from the dvd and it said somethin like this:

Unable to locate License Agreement file, DLGLICE.TXT
Make sure it's located in the same path as DLGDIAG.EXE

Cannot load file A:\command.com
Please insert correct disc and hit any key to continue...

(I don't have a floppy drive sooo I'm confused)

I'm about to run the next step you've asked...thanks.

Edited by rhymin, 15 October 2010 - 11:46 PM.

rhymin

rhymin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I followed the pcpitstop steps and here is the url you requested:

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=23941103

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok PC PitStop looks good.
Got a couple of questions.
When you built the new system did you install XP fresh or did you use the hd out of the old system?
Do you have a XP installation disk?
You stated you did option A for the memory testing but I would like you to do the actual memory diagnostics.
Finally I would like you to do the following two sets of instructions.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged