Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Contacts Highjacked

• Please log in to reply

Frank68

Frank68

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My address book seems to have been hijacked by the following link Http//bit.ly/9BNuy. This is a canadian meds company. All of my contacts have been sent emails ostensibly from me.How do I get rid of this.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Http//bit.ly/9BNuy simply redirects me to http://en.wikipedia....ansfer_Protocol, which is safe.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,959 posts
  • MVP
SpywareDr., the only reason you were redirected there is because the actual address should be Http://bit.ly/9BNuy. That address comes up as unknown, however.

Frank68, what email client are you using? Is this in Outlook, or are you using a service such as Hotmail or other webmail offering? When you said your contacts have been hijacked, what are you seeing that gives you that link?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
I fully understand that the colon (":") is missing after the "Http" in his URL. When I tried it exactly the way he had it, (simply to see what would happen), here on this machine it redirected me to http://en.wikipedia....ansfer_Protocol