Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CHKDSK /f

• Please log in to reply

eggRoll94610

eggRoll94610

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hey guys,

i came on this website to get help on fixing my little brothers computer because it was really infested with viruses. it is now fixed and there are no longer these pop-ups that really slow the computer down. however, now the computer is running EXTREMELY slow again. i figured that i need to run a disk defrag to help the computer run better, but there is an error message that pops up. when i try to run the program is says, not word for word, "Disk Defrag has detected Chkdsk is scheduled to run please run Chkdsk /f" when i tried to defrag. please help me!!!!!!!! thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm sytange as I only see one other topic you had which was in the malware forum but you never completed the steps. The last post was from Sept so I;m not sure your system is actually healthy. That topic is located HERE

Try this to see if the problem stops:
Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /f and click Enter

It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually.
On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem