Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with winks!

• Please log in to reply

joannestevenson

joannestevenson

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok ive installed the winks posted.

When i do a wink in msn i see the wink but the other person doesnt

Any1 know why?

Advertisements

willow28

willow28

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
;) The person you are sending the winks to needs to have the Macromedia flash player installed as ActiveX is required to play out the winks. Your friend can check to see if they have the correct flash player installed by clicking here :tazz:
- http://messenger.msn...ersion=7,0,19,0
If your friends player was not previously installed then... then clicking on that link should install the required Flash player for them(just tell them to follow the prompts) ;) Goodluck with it!

joannestevenson

joannestevenson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
My friend must have flash as he can see the standard winks that you get with msn, but he cant see the new ones that ive downloaded even thought i can?

Does he have to have the same winks to be able to see them?

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
No he just have to have a newer msn than 7 or that websites package

Guest_matthuffy_*

Guest_matthuffy_*

No he just have to have a newer msn than 7 or that websites package

View Post

he should see them no problem. however, if you or he has a dialup connection then he may not see your winks or he may have blocked them with a firewall or smth. when you send a wink it is then downloaded by the recipients computer in their temp folder to be shown on their comp; so if he has a slow connection or has blocked them....................... :tazz: