Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lossless editing of vob files

• Please log in to reply

knifechase

knifechase

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all,
After using a video editing program on a vob file, if I were to compress the output with MPEG2 (what i've read is the codec of vob files), would it be lossless?
Unfortunately, the program (AVS Video Editor) doesn't allow the mere trimming of vob files, so my goal is to create an edited file with minimal quality loss. If you know of any methods (programs) to cut vob files losslessly (ideally), or with the least quality reduction, i'd be most grateful for the info.
Additionally, I was hoping to create a new DVD, of the final product, but don't know if it's necessary to use vob files in the first place, or whether I could simply burn an avi, or wmv file onto a DVDR. If I could just as easily play a DVD with an avi, or wmv file, would the quality be inferior to vob (holding constant any possible reduction in quality due to compression)?
I'd really appreciate any input.

Advertisements