Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connection

• Please log in to reply

PMAW

PMAW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I go to log onto the internet via google chrome I get 'Ooops google chrome could not find www.google.co.uk' I then click on home and my pages come up under 'new tab'. I then click on one of my 'pages' and get 'Ooops google chrome could not find xxxx' etc... As you can imagine this is driving me to distraction. I need to click, re-click etc... until the page eventually comes up! I seem to be wasting at least half an hour before I can even read my hotmail which also loses the plot when I want to forward!!

I have a feeling that it is to due with my firewall which I am not confident in changing.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows XP and this problem has only manifested in the last 6 months or so.

I have the same problem with internet explorer and firefox.

Help please.... How can I sort out this problem.

Incidentally I am female (not blonde but over 50)and find some jargon a bit confusing so simple language will suffice for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Even logging on to this site/forum I am getting the same problem... PLEASE HELP...

Edited by PMAW, 17 October 2010 - 01:33 PM.

Advertisements