Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SoftMap 5 Pro

• Please log in to reply

2650 dell user

2650 dell user

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have had this product for some years and have been able to communicate with the Tech help staff at different times and changed units and then used a validation code to re-install.
I have found out that the company had gone out of business around three years ago? This hadn't been a problem til I had to wipe my desktop hard drive, which would require a re-install. I have a legal version and all the codes I need to enter into the registration process but there is no web link available now and I've used the help menu but no go after a removal and then re-install. I have tried to find other users who might be some help but I'm at a stalemate at this time. I still have a working version on my laptop but I'm running low on storage and can't upgrade til I at least get my desktop version running. I've even considered trying to find someone who could 'crack' the process but I'm not sure how to go. I'm running Windows XP SP 3 on my laptop and Windows 7 on my desktop. Thanks for any help, 2650 dell user

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
http://www.softmappublishing.com/