Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Debug Log

• Please log in to reply

iddawg

iddawg

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Is this normal? Every time I try to delete the debug log I keep getting that the file cannot be deleted that it is being used by Internet Explorer.
I am not connected to the Internet while trying to delete the file. Internet Explorer is not in use while trying to delete the file.
I have tried to delete the file in safe mode to no avail. Please see "debug.jpg"
Please see attachments:

debug.jpg

Debug1.jpg

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

... the file cannot be deleted that it is being used by Internet Explorer.
I am not connected to the Internet while trying to delete the file. Internet Explorer is not in use while trying to delete the file.

In your second attachment, it says the file is open in Windows Explorer, (not Internet Explorer).

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I do not mean to sound like a wise guy; but what's the difference? I am not a computer geek. And is it normal; or something I need to be concerned with.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Windows Explorer is the Windows file manager. (Browse, move, copy, delete files and folders).

Internet Explorer is used for browsing web pages on the internet.

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Thank you for the explanation between the two; but at this point what I'm more concerned with is; Is it normal not to be able to delete the debug log; when the Windows file manager is not in use.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Is it normal not to be able to delete the debug log; when the Windows file manager is not in use.

Yes, it's normal.

iddawg

iddawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Thank you. It's just will all I have been through the passed two months; I did not need something else to go wrong.