Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Scroll speed In Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

Here's a problem that I'm sure is going to baffle quite a few people...

When Im browsing the Internet (Using IE6), everything is fine except for the scroll speed. It is very jerky and slow. I have already looked up information on this error and Ive tried everything. I was told to go into Internet Options > Accessability and then to uncheck the box that says 'format documents using my style sheet'. This did not change anything.

I had earlier just formatted my hard disk, installed XP professional and after installing my Internet software, connecting only to the Microsoft website to download updates such as SP2. After this, I installed my Mcafee Internet security suite, and then went onto ebay, where I first noticed the scroll speed being slow. I have tried running four or five different virus scanning programs (Including my security suite), none of which were able to find anything suspicious.

From the fresh operating system, I have only been on the Microsoft website, so thought the chance of a virus or adware etc afecting this was very small. I have tried browsing with my virus scanner off, and this had no afect at all. I even uninstalled the SP2 and still no joy...

If anyone can help me out here id be extremely grateful!