Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Editing Canon EOS 5D Mark II MOV Video Files?

• Please log in to reply

alex6699

alex6699

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a Canon EOS 5D Mark II for review. I am pretty much a pure still photographer. But I've found myself shooting more and more video - mostly with point-and-shoot cameras. So I'm kind of psyched to find out what all the hype is about with the new 5D. Being a video rube, I do all my editing with the free Microsoft Windows Movie Maker software. It's been great for me so far. But I think I've run into a serious limitation. It doesn't seem to be able to edit or even recognize the 5D Mk II's .mov video files. Any ideas or suggestions about what I should do? I would prefer not to have to shell out any cash for video editing software. But if I'm at that crossroads, maybe I just have to suck it up and pay up.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements