Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no toolbar

• Please log in to reply

tango4218

tango4218

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello have just logged on but all I have is a full picture of my screensaver, the tool bar , start button have disappeared.
have rebooted but still the same please help have i pressed a button I shoulden't have

Advertisements

tango4218

tango4218

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hello need help fast need to get acess to my computer

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Hello :D

Ok boot into safe mode do system restore to 2 or 3 days ago.Not a very technical answer but it should work we can go from here if it doesnt. Or try this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253679

Edited by rockmilk, 20 October 2010 - 05:08 PM.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you can CTRL + ALT + Delete, and bring up the task manager... then click File -> New Task -> explorer.exe
Otherwise, boot into safe mode as rockmilk suggested..

Is there anything you remember doing before this problem started? Any new hardware/software installed? Any malware present?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you move your mouse to the bottom edge of the desktop (not screen saver by the way....the big expanse that has icons and stuff is a desktop, the animated image that comes up when you leave your computer alone for a while is a screen saver) does the taskbar come up?