Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

microsoft word

• Please log in to reply

lcamino

lcamino

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

My wife and I were planning on a trip here soon where she will need a passport changed to her new last name (we are recently married). We got married in mexico and have a spanish wedding license. To be able to change her last name on her passport, montana is requiring that our certificate be translated....long story short we need to find out a way to scan our certificate into word and be able to modify the wording on it.

I don't know if microsoft or a PDF format would be best, but the translator place we are going through prefers word.

Is there a way to scan a document so that when you import it into word one can modify the text in the document? Or have any other ideas on how we may accomplish this?

Thanks

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you verified exactly what they're wanting? i doubt they want a scanned image of your spanish language certificate with all the words changed to english. i would imagine that they'd settle for a notarized translation on a piece of paper

sptweak3

sptweak3

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OCR technology is needed if you want to scan an image and parsing it into text. There are lots of free software out there but they don't really work that well in converting unless the text is very clear and the paper in fine condition.

lcamino

lcamino

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the replies, I did download an OCR software to see if it works (trial version).

Thanks