Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

red lines in Dead Rising 2

• Please log in to reply

gl0ck_p4rty

gl0ck_p4rty

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I bought Dead Rising 2 through Steam and installed it on my Dell Studio 1536 (i think thats right) and it ran slow as [bleep]. I recently upgraded to a Dell XPS 1640 with an ATI Radeon HD 4670 vid card and the game runs great except for the fact that there's red lines on the environments along the shading steps and the characters have fuzzy red dots on them. These red lines and fuzz look like they're taking place of the black in the game. I didn't have this problem when the game was installed on my old comp nor are any of my other games that I'm running on my new comp as well and I'm running games like Half Life 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, etc. And like i said they're running like a dream, it's just DR2 that I'm having a problem with. I read in a couple of other forums that you're vid card overheating or burning out could be the problem but like I said this comp is like 2 weeks old. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by gl0ck_p4rty, 20 October 2010 - 08:45 PM.

Advertisements