Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Continuous rebooting loop

• Please log in to reply

skorpeo

skorpeo

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
My computer was fine this morning when I shut it down. When I got home i booted it up and it loaded fine but after 5 minutes it went into this reboot cycle. Everytime I logged in it did the same thing. After the first reboot I got a windows window that says that my system just recovered from a serious error and would I like to send it to microsoft. i clicked the more info and this is what it says the problems are:
c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\wer3770.dir00\mini102010-06.dmp
c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\wer3770.dir00\sysdata.xml
I also wrote down the error signature but didnt put it here since I didnt know if it would help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Have you tried System Restore?

System Restore is a tool that automatically monitors and records any changes that are made to the core Windows system files and to the registry. If a change causes your system to become unstable, System Restore can undo (or "roll back") the system to a point in time when your computer was known to function correctly.

How to restore Windows XP to a previous state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Or, if Windows won't boot up normally ...

How to start the System Restore tool by using the safe mode option with the Command prompt in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449