Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dud Invention

• Please log in to reply

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
You have to come up with an invention which you believe is practially & literally 100 per cent useless.

For example, a 1:1 scale map.

Then of course someone else has to identify a use for it and post a dud invention of their own. The one other rule is that there is no chopping, folding, or otherwise recycling the invention to something more usable.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Campsite mop.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
campsite mops are great.

i don't know about your camping, but my camping usually involves a lot of "adult beverages". with the consumption of a lot of these beverages comes the inevitable upchuck. well, what else do you do when camping? you eat stuff...so that's going to be in the upchuck. the recycled food will certainly attrack bears, so if you mop up the "spill" you won't get bears in the campsite.

now, a question (or suggestion)...typically in these games it's typically best to stipulate that SOMEONE (usually the last person to post the question or in this case dud invention) has to approve the use before the next person can continue along

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Thanks, I see your point. I was worried that such a rule would ruin the flow of things since some people don't check very regularly. But I'll take it from you that it's a good idea.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well, it's up to you...i've seen it go both ways.. i just like order and structure

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

i don't know about your camping, but my camping usually involves a lot of "adult beverages". with the consumption of a lot of these beverages comes the inevitable upchuck. well, what else do you do when camping? you eat stuff...so that's going to be in the upchuck. the recycled food will certainly attrack bears, so if you mop up the "spill" you won't get bears in the campsite.

Order and structure? ;) :D

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
oh well....to keep the thing movie

invention : pipe stretcher Edit: that would actually be really usefull...just doesn't exist Airplane bumpers

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Now Airplane bumpers could be very useful if you only put them in the right place. Of course a head on collision at that speed would total everything in the vicinity, but a retractable bumper on the bottom for those unplanned landings might just save the plane and passengers a few knocks apiece. That said Bumperplanes would not be a suitable fairground ride.

Armbands fitted to the deep sea giant squid.

Tomk

Tomk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 211 posts
Deep Sea Squid armbands are an awesome idea which is long overdue. These creatures actually emit light from their arms that appears to be used not only for catching prey, but also for courtship. http://dsc.discovery...=20070214133030

Let's face it. They all look alike. Especially in the darker depths that they call home. I'm certain that they have had trouble telling each other apart their whole lives.

However... if they were fitted with armbands that each had a distinctive "cutout"... then they "turn the lights on" on their arm... they would display an individual silhouette that would be immediately recognizable by one and all.

Now... what the world really needs is... "Free Range" Nightcrawlers