Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Suhailhanif

Suhailhanif

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have set up multiple e mail identites within outlook express however when receiving external e mails all of the e mails come into my mailbox and not the three others

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to set up a 'Message Rule' for each incoming email address.
In Outlook Express, go to 'Tools' - 'Message Rules' - 'Mail'. In section 1, select "Where the To line contains people". Now in section 2, select "Move it to the specified folder". In section 3 you will now see two highlighted items which you click on to let you specify an email address and a mail folder for that email address. You need to repeat this process for each person you have made separate folders for.

cedelhart

cedelhart

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I have multiple identities on Microsoft Outlook. The "main identity" got no spam but a secondary one I created and set as my default is inundated daily with junk mail. I want to go back to using the "main identity" as my default and kill the second one, but when I go up to "file/manage identities" menu and either try to switch identities or delete an identity, the one I want to kill is grayed out and not an option to do anything to. I've already checked the little box that says "use this identity when starting a program" several times hoping to reset the "main identity" as my default, but whenever I relaunch Outlook it launches in the unwanted identity, not the "main identity." Help!

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
please don't 'hijack' someone else's topic or thread by posting your own problem which is completely unrelated. Create a new thread of your own or your problem may be ignored.

cedelhart

cedelhart

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry. I thought the topics were related.