Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with explorer.exe

• Please log in to reply

uberfayt2

uberfayt2

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
hi there
ok,first my operating system is xp sp3 frensh version, so whenever i enter my D:\ drive (wich is a partition), i get an error message that tells: explorer.exe error.....send error report/ don't send. as long as i ignore the message, everything's fine, but whenever i close it by choosing the 2nd option, everything closes up.
ps: this problem started after reinstalling windows to repair some damage, of course i had to move some files to this d:\ partition to keep them, here a link to the topic where i posted about the damage:
http://www.geekstogo...un/page__st__45

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Try navigating to your D:/ drive in safe mode, and see what happens. And by "everything closes up" what exactly do you mean?
Post back with any troubleshooting you have done. :D

uberfayt2

uberfayt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
thx for replying
well,i mean by that: that every application running closes when i choose an option from the message .
i'll try going there in safe mode

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Does explorer (taskbar, icons on desktop) also close when you choose an option from the message?

uberfayt2

uberfayt2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
yes

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Could you try safe mode, and let me know your results?
Also go Start -> Run -> diskmgmt.msc
And tell me if you can see the D:/ drive, and if it is flagged with any errors.