Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems transferring photos

• Please log in to reply

CaveShinobi

CaveShinobi

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
So, I am currently trying to transfer photos from a memory card via USB HUB, however, the following problem pops up: when I open the folder, all the images have these horizontal bars which distort the pictures' colours and, sometimes, even move some sections of them to the sides. Usually, after unplugging and replugging the HUB a few times, the photos start coming up normal, and they never have the distortion on the cam's image, so I can only assume it's related to the HUB. Any ideas (besides buying a new device)?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts

Any ideas (besides buying a new device)?

Disassemble the device in order to see if you can spot what might be wrong? (Bad solder joint, etc.).

CaveShinobi

CaveShinobi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Guess that won't work for me, since I know nothing about electronics (therefore wouldn't be able to detect that).

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
New USB Hubs start at $9.99 with Free shipping at Newegg.com:

http://www.newegg.co...e=Free Shipping

CaveShinobi

CaveShinobi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
The thing that puzzles me the most is that, after connecting, disconnecting, reconnecting, etc, the pics start showing up normally, slowly, one by one.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Can you try it without the hub? There might be a power issue in the hub.