Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Help Needed] 32 Bit files keep crashing in XP 64 bit.

• Please log in to reply

FrankMK

FrankMK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone,

I just finished installing Windows XP Professional x64 on my new computer and I am planning to execute files on which I had just downloaded: it is related to a game server executed through database files managed by Microsoft SQL 2000.

I used x64 because I have 8 GB rams on this PC and I would like to leave it that way, otherwise I would have installed x86 home edition.

The files required registry and I registered their dlls (these are 32 bit files) on SysWOW64 (verified on regedit) but now they keep crashing with the "Don't Send" thingie: the files are AgentServer.exe, DistributeServer.exe, and MapServer.exe

Here are the error log files: please atleast identify the problem (hopefully its a common one between all 3), and thank you for your time.

AgentServer.exe (~9 MB Log file)
http://www.mediafire...id8vvrke509etjv

DistributeServer.exe (~2.2 MB log file)
http://www.mediafire...hqf3y60bjbpatau

MapServer.exe (~34 MB log file!)
http://www.mediafire...gia2cjwmzssazzo

P.S. Sorry for the mediafire upload, im sure you guys can scan and confirm the txt files are clean => they are just too huge for attatchment on the forum or to copy paste (they made my comp freeze and I had to redo this entire thread).

Advertisements

FrankMK

FrankMK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its been 2 days, any help please?

Slogan said: Tech experts answer your question, not tech experts avoid your questions.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Sorry it took so long to get to you. I'll try my best to get your problem solved.
Looking at the AgentServer log, I notice an access violation error (0xc0000005)
This could be caused by faulty RAM, a bad device driver, or a couple other things. The rest of the log is a memory dump, with the CPU registers' values for each thread at the time of the crash. I can't tell anything else from that log with my limited knowledge of assembly.
Looking at the DistrubuteServer log, I see that the same error code is given(0xc0000005). Also, I notice, in the 1st thread the instruction pointer register points to the same instruction that is causing the crash. Further, that value in EIP is the same across both logs and present in the same threads (2, 4, 14, and a couple others).
I would quickly point out that the programs are running in 32 bit mode since the logs show 32 bit pointers (EAX) instead of 64 bit ones (RAX)
I'm currently downloading the last log, give me 15-20 more minutes for some troubleshooting ideas.

It is confirmed that all three logs show the same error. The EIP also points to the same instructions in the same threads on the 3rd log. Click on Memtest instructions in my signature, and run memtest to check your RAM. Check each stick of RAM, one at a time.

Edited by edge2022, 23 October 2010 - 12:55 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Its been 2 days, any help please?

Slogan said: Tech experts answer your question, not tech experts avoid your questions.

we all volunteer our time and expertise to help people for free...but we all have life, work, and personal things to deal with
don't get a attitude...
if you are in a hurry and do not wait to wait ...run your computer down to a local shop