Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Messenger blocking contacts

• Please log in to reply

darrin96

darrin96

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This problem has started a little while ago. When I add a new contact to MSN it adds them but also automatically blocks them. I have to open up a chat window and click on unblock.
It seems to also randomly block some of my contacts at times.
I have searched every where and looked within messenger preferences....nothing seems to help solve this.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, if you were using a Mac, I could provide a perfect fix. Unfortunately on Windows operating systems, the information is stored differently. I would recommend that you uninstall messenger. Then download the latest version (now known as windows live messenger) and see if the problem is resolved.

darrin96

darrin96

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I actually do have Windows Live Messenger.

As for a Mac, I do have a Mac that I use messenger on here and there. I had another problem on the Mac which I read about on here.....I had to add all contacts each time I opened messenger.....but I solved that problem.

Could my PC problem be related to something on the Mac?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not that i'm aware of