Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"computer was unable to start"

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hp Pavilion a6077c PC - windows vista-home premium 32 bit - Hp w2207 Monitor - Nvidia Geforce "purvidio" "i think".

I was having problems with my monitor shutting down and going to "sleep mode" while I was using it.
I download a driver upgrade for the monitor from Hp web site (Driver - Display - HP w2207 LCD Monitor Driver) and (Utility - Tools - HP My Display).
After that "EVERYTHING" went crazy!
When I push the power button this is the order of Mayhem:
1) First screen to come up - Blue/with HP branding - and white vertical stripes, in rows of three all across the screen.
2) Second screen - black/ with large white "$" signs all over and a blinking curser in the upper left corner.
3) Third screen - says something about the computer not being able to start and a whole bunch of other stuff I can’t read before the screen disappears.
4) At this point the computer seems to reboot
5) Screen is the multiple choices "Safe Mode" screen.
"some times i get screen labeled "Windows error recovery" with "windows did not shut down successfully"

I have tried the "f-8,9, 10 and I think 12 buttons and followed all the prompts. I have reset to an earlier restore date, several times now, and run the "self fix" program.
I am now stuck!
As far as I can tell... the driver I installed "downloaded" is causing the problems... the computer tells me that it cannot self fix and that the restore is not helping and that the system cannot boot.
Can anyone help me?

Advertisements