Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hitachi SimpleDrive Mini 320GB Crashed

• Please log in to reply

manda.davis.13

manda.davis.13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hitachi External SimpleDrive 320GB
-I got it when I was in Hawaii brand new. Well, I've dropped it a couple times since then. One day I plugged it in and it just stopped working while I was using it. I was playing a computer game and it stopped. The lights turned off on the bottom of it. Both charging plugs were plugged in. Now, after a month of not working, the lights are on, they don't flicker like they did when I first got it though. The computer still doesn't load anything off of it. I plugged it into my dad's Toshiba Laptop and it still didn't work. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
More than likely, it's dead. Hard drives, like babies, should never, ever be dropped.

If you have data on the drive that you must have, try http://www.Ontrack.com. (Note that it can run into the thousands though).