Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SNAP CRACKLE AND POP audio in Win 7 32bit!

• Please log in to reply

Niki116

Niki116

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Computer specs:

Processor: Intel® Pentium ® D CPU 3.00GHZ

Memory: 2.00GB of RAM

Sound: RealTek High Defintion Audio

Display: NVIDIA GeForce 7350 LE

I have TRIED EVERYTHING to fix this issue with my computer and I can't stands no more! I contacted RealTek and they gave me a diagnostic tool to figure out what my issue was. They claimed they couldn't find anything wrong with my driver so they believe that it is something else.

I have ran the DPC latency checker and have disable numerous drivers and the only thing I have concluded is this:
I notice two things that happen when I disable some of the things in device manager: When I disable my Intel® Pro/100 VE Network Connection (Under the Network Adapters), the audio becomes incredibly worse. When I disable the Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #281 (also under the Network adapters) the audio becomes better, but there are still crackles. Does anyone know if this means my modem is causing the problem? When the internet is turned off, the audio is 10x worse.

When internet is on:

DPC when internet is on.JPG

When Internet is off:

Attached Thumbnails

• DPC Latency when unplugged from internet.JPG

Edited by Niki116, 22 October 2010 - 06:32 PM.

Advertisements