Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing file windows\system32\config\system

• Please log in to reply

dew1

dew1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey ..

I have question about this problem "missing file windows\system32\config\system"

Posted Image

what are the reasons for this problem ? I have got this problem and I fixed by CD windows then it's work after one or two weeks showed this problem again. I want to know what are the reasons for this problem ?

Actually, this computer not for me and I don't have it now .

windows XP
-------------

Also, there is another problem on WinXP when I want to turn it On it's work but when appear this screen

Posted Image

in 3 seconds or more than showed Blue screen and did restart I tried to enter by safe mood and option "last know good...." doesn't work after that I did repair by CD "chkdsk /r/f" and it was worked after 1 day again appear this problem .

I want to know what are the reasons for this problem ?

---------

Note: both problems different computer

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

I have question about this problem "missing file windows\system32\config\system"

That file is a registry file. By missing it could also mean corrupted which is what I suspect. Was this computer shut down incorrectly (pulling the plug, etc.)? Does the computer show any signs of infection by malware?

doesn't work after that I did repair by CD "chkdsk /r/f" and it was worked after 1 day again appear this problem .

Do you mean that after you ran chkdsk, the BSOD went away, and after another reboot, it started to crop up again? Do you know the error code on the blue screen (it should be something like 0x????????)?
Do you remember anything happening to the computer before the BSOD problem? Any software, hardware installed?

dew1

dew1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm sorry to late, Actually I wrote this topic in "Computer Won't Boot - Malware Related" and I didn't find it and I see it now here .

That file is a registry file. By missing it could also mean corrupted which is what I suspect. Was this computer shut down incorrectly (pulling the plug, etc.)? Does the computer show any signs of infection by malware?

I don't know if there is malware, and I think this problem case HDD maybe has bad sector but I don't know if bad sector do this problem ? because when I try to install windows show me through install I have to skip some files and i try again didn't show me this message and I'm sure CD for windows it's okey .

D

o you mean that after you ran chkdsk, the BSOD went away, and after another reboot, it started to crop up again? Do you know the error code on the blue screen (it should be something like 0x????????)?
Do you remember anything happening to the computer before the BSOD problem? Any software, hardware installed?

yes, and there isn't happened any thing to the computer but I'm sorry I didn't remember the code.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If you have your windows install CD, then follow the instructions in this link: http://tech.icrontic...pair_windows_xp
I'm talking about your computer, the one with the BSOD.
If you don't have your CD, then go here: http://sites.google....-console-for-xp and burn a disc.
Then follow the instructions above.

I'll deal with your problem first, then I will proceed to the problem with the computer you don't have.

dew1

dew1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you very much, it's okey now

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Awesome! Good job! :D

The solution for your computer should also work for the one with the registry error. Try it and let me know how it works out.

dew1

dew1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you, Now every thing it's okey :D

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Great! :D
Congrats on solving your problem, and come back to Geeks To Go if you have any more problems.
Hope to see you around later! ;)