Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying error message at startup

• Please log in to reply

1steveinkaukauna1

1steveinkaukauna1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The system could not log you on. Make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again. letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case. If I click on the error message it goes away and my computer starts normally. I am asking how to stop getting the message.

Edited by 1steveinkaukauna1, 24 October 2010 - 09:34 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
So what's the issue?
Can you not log in?

1steveinkaukauna1

1steveinkaukauna1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The issue is that I cant stop getting the message. If I click on the message the computer starts fine. What I need is help from someone who knows how to help me stop getting the message. Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Neil I'm not sure what OS this is but based on this comment in original post it sounds almost like the system is on a network or has Network Login instead of Microsoft Family Login. ;)

Make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again

What I need is help from someone who knows how to help me stop getting the message. Thanks

Steve we understand you are frustrated but understand you have provided no information on the system as far as: :D
  • Laptop or Desktop
  • What OS you have
  • Is this system on a network at work or home
  • Is this a branded system like Dell or HP
  • When did this start and was there any updates software or hardware done just prior to the issue starting.
  • Did you change any account settings just prior to this starting

The more info you can give the better Neil can assist you. ;)

1steveinkaukauna1

1steveinkaukauna1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This NO OS desktop computer comes loaded with an Asus P5GC-MX 945GC Intel socket 775 motherboard and Intel Celeron Dual Core E1200 processor. Based on energy-efficient microarchitecture, the Celeron dual-core processor delivers superior energy-efficient dual-core performance. Also onboard is a 160GB SATA II hard drive and 1GB DDR2 PC5400 RAM. Systemax has also included a DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive for all your entertainment, backup, and program installation needs Windows XP Home network cant remember what changes were made at the time the issue started