Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

popup says Please Wait

• Please log in to reply

wishn4vegas

wishn4vegas

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron B130. Windows xp home addition. Since I first bought the pc I have had this problem. Not all of the graphics will load on any page. After a while I get a small blue popup with a windows icon saying Please Wait. In a few seconds it goes way and the graphics are loaded. I have asked many techs about this problem and none know what to do about it. Hopefully one of you can help!

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Does this problem only occur in Internet Explorer?
Can you try downloading another browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Opera, and see how they load the graphics?

After a while I get a small blue popup

After how much time do you get the popup?
And can you describe the popup better (take a screenshot of it, and upload it)?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
If it is not just on a browser
Try this and report if it still ocurs in clean boot.
http://support.micro....com/kb/310353/

Edited by Macboatmaster, 24 October 2010 - 12:27 PM.

wishn4vegas

wishn4vegas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply. I have explorer. haven't tried others. The popup appears at differant times but usually not long after starting pc. It only stays up for a few seconds. It's a small blue popup with a windows icon in the top right corner. I know this isn't much help but it's all I have. Usually appears from five to ten minutes after Explorer starts.

wishn4vegas

wishn4vegas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply. I have Explorer. Haven't tried any of the others. The popup comes up from five to ten minutes after I start explorer. It only stays up a few seconds . Then the graphics are loaded on the page and all others after that until I shut down the pc. When I get back on the pc it's the same thing every time. The popup is a small blue box with a windows icon in the top right corner, saying Please Wait. I know this is not a lot of information but it's all I have. Thanks again.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
So does it still come on after clean boot/