Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC can`t connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

calibra

calibra

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi
I have 3 PC`s and 3 Xboxes connected to a wired router ( house network wired ) I took one of the three PC`s and used it in a different network socket; not sure if the internet worked because I didn`t use it at the time. When I moved the PC back to it`s original location the internet refused to connect.
I have connected the PC to two other `working` network sockets and still it fails. I also connected the PC directly to the modem and also reset the modem, still no joy. I tried reinstalling the mobo software and then tried netsh int ip reset then netsh winsock reset, again no change.
The network card is stating that it is healthy and working.

Are there some other steps I can take to identify the fault ???

I have built several PC`s and have a fair understanding, but this has stumped me so far.

Thanks

Calibra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
I don`t know why !!! But for some reason Comodo firewall did something when I moved my PC to a different network socket.....I don`t know what though........

I just uninstalled comodo and the internet is back on !!!!

I will reinstall comodo because I am very happy with its protection, but will remember if this happens again.

Edited by calibra, 24 October 2010 - 01:58 PM.

Advertisements

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Good to hear that you got it sorted, and thank you for saying what the issue was. Things would be so much easier if a few more of the problems published on the net actually came with solutions.