Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ThinkPoint? HotFix.exe?

• Please log in to reply

Matasovsky

Matasovsky

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hello!

Had a problem a few months ago that you guys were a great help. I think I still had something remaining that appears to have popped up.

I had been getting some pop-ups (google re-directs, Registry Defender). Ran Malware but nothing seemed to be found. I'd simply cancel out of the pop up and move on.

Just got something MUCH more irritating. Started getting MULTIPLE "warning" message one after another. Title bar of the message box says THINKPOINT and the message says, "Access Violation at address 004AFD43 in module 'HotFix.exe' read of address 00000000.

Booted up into "Safe Mode" and was surprised to see the message still popping up.

I wanted to get a confirmation that this does indeed sound like a Malware/Spyware issue. I'll begin trying to go through the standard set of instructions and wait for a reply.

Advertisements

Matasovsky

Matasovsky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Have reviewed some other posts and have seen others getting this as well. I will do the standard run thru of scans (when I get home) and come back with what is logged.