Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Micro SD Card Problem

• Please log in to reply

Supraman21

Supraman21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The problem happened so long ago I actually forgot how it happened. Anyway when I put my 8GB San disk micro SD card in my phone it becomes extremely slow and it doesn't show up. I then decided to stick the card in my computer and what ya know, my computer either freezes or runs really slow and it also doesn't detect it. So I googled the problem but of course no one had the same problem. I tried and tried again until my computer finally detects it but then I get an error which i haven't got again but anyway it said something something I/O error. Today I decided to go at it again to fix my memory card but what I did differently was I plugged my phone in with the memory card inside. Of course again my computer didn't do anything. I decided to right click on My Computer and go to Management and see if my computer really is recognizing it. It said Disk 6 Removable 7.40 gb. Ok so I know its not my computer. How can I fix my memory card? I really want to recover the filed.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi Supraman21 :D
It may be an idea to retrieve your data from the SD card and then format it, below is a link to some software that should help you recover your data from the card http://www.snapfiles...tarecovery.HTML