Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Swapping MrSite for Wordpress

• Please log in to reply

trueb

trueb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there - I hope someone can answer my query, I'm confused!

OK.. so: I currently pay MrSite £90 a year and have built up my business website using MrSite. I pay Streamline.net for web hosting and my domain name. I have recently started a new blog using Wordpress, and I really like it.

I have had some problems with MrSite, in particular, my website is regularly unavailable and I am unable to access my emails. I'm not too keen on the designs available either SO I was considering using Wordpress for my entire business site.

Can I simply build my site again using Wordpress and then just transfer the domain name from MrSite to my Wordpress site?
Will my stopping using MrSite affect my customers ability to find me? Will it be like starting again in terms of how easily Google etc can find me?
Is there anything else I need to consider that may affect my business??

Thank you for any help / advice you can offer me. I would really like to get rid of MrSite but feel a bit out of my depth!

Advertisements